FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Air stock falls sharply on difficulties with Virgin, Horizon Air
Old Oct 27, 2017, 1:00 pm
notquiteaff
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by BearX220
"Lamest product offering" applies to F, to be sure, but the other half of the problem is, AS+VX does not add up to a comprehensive national network. Without the AA alliance, you get an array of slim-frequency, high-priced routes to a mix of major and medium markets. No way to reach smaller markets outside the west; no way to get to MIA, or anywhere north of BOS, or any of Canada east of BC, or any of the South except ATL and CHS.

So that leads you to either shop on price, or -- more likely -- concentrate spend with another airline that has comprehensive coverage.
All true, and I while I personally have not had much of a problem with the weak network because they generally fly where I want to go, I would not hesitate to just book Delta or AA or UA (MM status!) these days if it works better for me or is the only way to get somewhere. I am biased towards AS because of my location in the PNW, but I am not married to them

Originally Posted by fly18725
Management certainly dropped the ball ball on a few issues and failed to say the right things to analysts. At the end of the day, I’m more concerned with management doing the right thing over scripting out the perfect responses.
It's not really a mutually exclusive thing/skill to have for an executive