FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA award booking,change questions/fees/issues/routing/excursionist problems {Archive}
Old Oct 27, 2017, 10:00 am
Paulchili

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by Kacee
Coincident with what?

TATL from the west coast has always been a challenge. Nor has it ever reliably opened at the beginning of the schedule. The only way we were able to book in advance to Europe this past April was to grab OS LAX-VIE as soon as the route was introduced.

Also, note that UA's award calendar is not accurate and regularly gives false negatives. You have to actually click on dates to see if there are available flights. For example, the calendar shows totally blank for TATLs from LAX and SFO next summer, but on many days there are actually saver J award seats. I checked a handful of random dates and saw J on AC, LO, LX, and TK.

The absence of advance LH J awards is a bit unusual and has previously been commented on by Gary Leff.
I have a window of 3 or 4 days as we are flying in for a cruise. I have clicked specifically on those dates without finding anything - either when the booking first opened or since. I also explored leaving from LAX - no difference.
I am aware of the OS flights and was willing to pay for SFO-LAX if the OS flights were available out of LAX but none were. I even looked specifically for TK flights, even though they involved overnight stay in IST and we know what the current situation with that is. No matter as those flights were not available anyway.
The point I am making is that I was closely monitoring these routes for 2 months in order to prepare myself for all my options when my date arrived. There were many options with UA, LH, TK, OS and LX during those 2 months but nothing for September.
Please tell me what YOU see for that route from Sept 11 to 14th.