FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chowhound - ranking the fast food cheeseburgers
Old Oct 26, 2017, 10:11 pm
braslvr

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1.5 Million Mile Flyer
Originally Posted by OTD
After moving from Southern California to South Florida, I missed the flame-broiled, big-seeded-bun, thousand-island-dressing coated burgers you get at any dive burger place in the LA area (like at Farmer Boys, for locals who have those). I couldn't even explain to co-workers what the burger was like--they just didn't get it. Finally a Habit opened by me. That's the closest thing to the LA dive burger you can get in South Florida.

And In-n-Out rules.
YES!!!!!!!^^^

Jim's Burger, Galaxy Hamburgers, et al. Any of the mostly Greek owned burger joints in the greater LA area. You know you found a good one if a) they serve breakfast plates, b) they serve some Mexican food, c) they have pastrami, and d) they have fried chicken. If you download the menu from http://www.galaxyhamburgers.com/ ,you will see the perfect example. The burgers from most any of these places are the best in the world IMO, and better than In-N-Out, which is as close as you will find in a chain.