FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to Stack Deals to maximize Uber Ride Pass plus Hacks!
Old Oct 26, 2017, 12:10 pm
Astrophsx

Originally Posted by Miami305
These are terrible suggestions that are sometimes just flat out wrong, and at best, just make you the exact type of passenger Uber drivers despise. The guy who wants to pay economy prices, but expects first class service.

Individually, the issues with your statements in bold:
These aren't terrible suggestions. In fact, you've responded with incorrect information.

It is a fact that Uber drivers are paid $0.60 for each additional passenger picked up during a Pool journey. That is the basis that adding a second passenger on your ride may potentially give the driver an increased payout. Not being an Uber driver I am taking an educated guess as I don't know if the $0.60 is applied to a second rider or per pickup along the journey.

To be honest your comments come off rude and not backed by any evidence. Saying that Uber drivers hate people telling them to do their job? Really? I'm the customer and there is no rule against requesting a particular routing. In fact, as a daily rider a majority of drivers ask my preferred route. The Uber app is sometimes terrible at routing, hence why many drivers utilize Waze or Google maps for routing.

Also, point out where I expect 1st class service. Is wanting a driver not to hold their phone in their hand while driving an expectation of 1st class service? LOL

Uber drivers are not going out of their way to pick up more rider, the UBER APP is the one who does the "fishing" for more riders by routing through areas that take more time to drive through but are more likely to get a another Pool rider. There is nothing against the T&C's for requesting a preferred routing. In fact, many on Flyertalk have pointed out that Uber sometimes gives you a longer route in order to make more money.

Kind of ironic that you are trying to call me out on incorrect information when you post false information. The only one that might have any leg to stand on is the 3 star rating to not get matched again. This information was suggested by a major website, but you may be correct in having to actually message Uber help to not get matched.