FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mileage Plan International Redemption Sweet Spots ?
Old Oct 26, 2017, 11:57 am
kip1124

Originally Posted by Rich Boykin
If you want J travel to asia, I've been happy with redemptions and hard/soft product on Hainan the past year. I flew them with my wife to Shanghai as well as another trip to Bangkok. I'm booked to fly RT SEA-BKK-SEA again in december as well. They might not have the 'best' hard product out there, but the soft product (food, service, etc) is good, and I had one of the best transfer experiences EVER in PEK connecting to BKK. For the 2 J passengers that were transiting, they opened up a special VIP customs/immigration/security section just for us and shuttled us through in a very efficient and white glove manner.

Flights to/from south east asia are 50k each way, albeit not always at the best routing times. For example my upcoming return from BKK in december is a 130am (!!) flight, but I land in Seattle at 1030 am 'same day', so at least thats OK
What you didn't mention is the fees are very high. I looked at same itinerary as you, and the fees were more than $600 per J ticket on Hainan roundtrip.