FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Guide: DFW / Dallas - Fort Worth International Airport - MCT, Connection, etc
Old Oct 26, 2017, 11:31 am
JJeffrey
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by hollywood37343
It has been many years since I have visited DFW; need some advice from the experts. Will this work or is it too risky?
My planned trip has me arriving into DFW at 5:53 PM on a Saturday in January, on American Eagle (Mesa) from CHA. This flight has a 51% on-time rate, and is 30+ minutes late 32% of the time. Departure from DFW to LAX is at 6:45 PM. Am looking into this for the chance to fly on the 789 domestically. Final destination is PHX. I will be on a 45K Business class award if it matters.
Anyone want to chime in and say go for it or do something else? Missing this connection will likely leave me in DFW overnight as it is the last flight of the day that can get me to PHX.
Thanks.
Are you really blowing 45k miles for an AAnytime business award from CHA-PHX just to fly on a 789 for 2.5 hrs between DFW-LAX?

On most Saturdays in January, you can buy a one-way in coach CHA-CLT-PHX for $135.

The horrendous use of miles aside, a 52 min connection at DFW is certainly doable, although doesn't leave much room for error.