FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Guide: DFW / Dallas - Fort Worth International Airport - MCT, Connection, etc
Old Oct 26, 2017, 11:02 am
aztimm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by hollywood37343
It has been many years since I have visited DFW; need some advice from the experts. Will this work or is it too risky?
My planned trip has me arriving into DFW at 5:53 PM on a Saturday in January, on American Eagle (Mesa) from CHA. This flight has a 51% on-time rate, and is 30+ minutes late 32% of the time. Departure from DFW to LAX is at 6:45 PM. Am looking into this for the chance to fly on the 789 domestically. Final destination is PHX. I will be on a 45K Business class award if it matters.
Anyone want to chime in and say go for it or do something else? Missing this connection will likely leave me in DFW overnight as it is the last flight of the day that can get me to PHX.
Thanks.
Your Eagle flight would probably arrive at the B terminal and the B787 would probably depart from the D terminal. Depending where in B and D could mean a 5 to 20 min or so walk. The terminals kind of just blend into each other, I just did this walk a few weeks ago, starting from A.

Several factors to take into account:
* Your level for stress
* Ability to quickly move through the airport, possibly bumping into people.
* Where you are seated on the first flight (closer to the front would be better)
* Will you need to wait for a gate valet bag? Is it critical that any checked bags arrive with you?
* If your first flight is on-time
* Is it mission critical for you to be in PHX that night?
* Do you have the $$$ or points to spring for a hotel near DFW that night?