FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Guide: DFW / Dallas - Fort Worth International Airport - MCT, Connection, etc
Old Oct 26, 2017, 9:55 am
enviroian
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by EmailKid
Depending on how close you are to the Orange Line, you may consider that unless it's very early in the morning when there will be a handful of homeless on the train.

Just did Orange Line to DFW a week ago - I got off, walked to A18 (IIRC) for Pre (otherwise you can do A1) in about 10 minutes.
I'm a 3 minute walk from the Irving Convention center station. I ride the Orange line every week. I take the elevator up to A11, walk down to A21 TSA Pre check in and I'm off....

However, today is different. I have a 6.15 PM interview with global services and that is post security at D. In theory I could replicate my first paragraph above, take the airside train over to D then exit security for my interview but then I'd have to re-clear security again. Seems like a pain. I'm not too confident on the frequency of the intra terminal vans to get me over from A10 to D terminal that's all. That's why it may be better to take uber (promotional quote of $13) vs DART ($2.50) just so I know I may get there in the allotted time.