FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA contactless credit/debit/transit (2017 - 2021)
Old Oct 25, 2017, 5:02 pm
stanj

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Originally Posted by tmiw
I got a "Seek Assistance" error on one reader today while tapping out, but another worked okay. I'm not sure if that's a fluke or if I should be concerned.

Also, I wonder if the refund issue means that we should still recommend physical contactless cards/Oyster over AP for Americans when possible.
You can set up a tfl contactless account online and register the physical card. The system recognizes ApplePay (and I assume AndroidPay) as a contactless card and tracks it to the physical card you've registered. You can then apply for refunds online, which get credited back to the card. I got a couple of refunds that way on my last trip to the UK. Very easy to do.

It also will recognize different physical contactless cards with the same account number as separate cards. So my online account shows ApplePay, my physical card, and my wife's physical card as separate cards.