FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences 2017
Old Oct 25, 2017, 4:09 am
MrsW

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
IC Marseille

IC Marseille

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? We booked a Deluxe king room for three nights on points and received a one category upgrade to an Executive king.

How are the rooms? Comfortable and light. We had a rollaway bed (we were 3 guests) and there was still plenty of room. Bathroom has a separate toilet and rainforest shower.

How is the exec. lounge? No lounge but we did upgrade to Club InterContinental Life for the second two nights at a cost of €80/night for the three of us, so a total of €160. We received full breakfast, afternoon tea on the terrace and aperitifs and canapés in our room. All soft drinks in the minibar were free with this package and our Agraria bathroom amenities were swapped for Clarins. The package also included pressing of two items of clothing and free local calls but we had no need for either.

What was good and what was bad? At check in we were each given a bottle of water. I was offered 600 points or a drinks voucher. I accepted the voucher which I used for a champagne and gin cocktail, menu price €21. The room amenity was a litre of water, and a tray of fruit, nuts and biscuits. My kids received a gift of a drawstring bag and balloon, a cuddly toy, a bag of Haribos and a colouring book with crayons. The second day we received more water as expected plus another tray of fruit, nuts and biscuits. The third day we received two bottles of water.

The food offered during afternoon tea and evening canapés was substantial. Along with breakfast, this was enough to fill us. My only criticism is there was considerable overlap with many of the same items offered for both afternoon tea and canapés. I would prefer more variety. I was given a half bottle of wine with the canapés and my kids were given more fizzy pop.

The pool is on the small side, but when we were there, there was only one other family present so plenty of room for everyone.

The staff were excellent. I was addressed by name frequently and nothing was too much trouble.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? At 40,000 points per night, this was excellent value.