FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Plat/Gold/Bus cards. August 2016: 1 personal & 1 business bonus/24 months.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 3:17 pm
flyer4512

Originally Posted by sdsearch
ANOTHER UPDATE to my adventure with falsely being denied the bonus on the business AA card:

A bit less than two weeks ago they sent me a snail letter (which I got last week) which says "Account Update: important Information" and then says in the body:
This letter is in response to an inquiry concerning your CitiBusiness / AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard account with us.

Your account has been approved to earn 60,000 bonus miles after making $3,000.00 in purchases using your card. Your account will be adjusted if the purchase requiremetns are met by the closing of your January 2018 statement.

We appreciate your business and each opportunity to serve you.
What in the world? I was approved in mid-August, I just completed my minimum spend last week (just before getting this letter), because I thought I had to be done by mid-November or at most (with the common 14 day padding at Citi) by late November.

Did they reset my 3 months when they sent this letter?
I'm guessing you received the points ?

Did you ask for a match to a higher bonus ?

I plan on getting a AA business around March and I will have closed my last AA business over 3 years ago