FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How does Global Entry work for You?
View Single Post
Old Oct 24, 2017, 12:47 pm
N1120A

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
At LAX, it depends on the terminal. In Bradley, the bank of GE kiosks comes before a desk. If that CBP person is busy with another passenger or a phone call, they will usually waive people through with no X. If they aren't, they will often harass GE passengers - even US citizens and LPRs.

At YYZ, they have moved to having no one sitting at the customs desk. Instead, everyone, regardless of checked bags or not, hands their receipt in and scans the BP. They usually ask "checked bags?" If you say no, they have you go by. IDK about if you do, as I don't usually check. I've seen them grilling more GE people since 1/20.

Originally Posted by phltraveler
At YYZ they have attendants in front of the GE line. If you say "no checked baggage" you're almost always waved through, and if you say "checked baggage" you get into a small line to be seen by an officer (who usually just scans the BP to make sure that a photograph of the bag was taken at check-in).
That's not my experience at YYZ lately, at all.