FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: aavacations.com / AA Vacations flight & vacation package questions, discussion
Old Oct 24, 2017, 12:11 pm
AAExecPlatFlier

Programs: AA EP
All of ur questions are answered by reading the wiki and the forum!!!! Nothing new that u are asking.

Originally Posted by fanger
One route that never comes up with * flights is my new favorite OAK-LGW. SFO-LHR on the other hand comes up routinely as a special fare. So sad, too bad.

What are peoples' experiences with hotel status recognition on purchases through AAVacations? I recently booked a Hilton through BA Vacations- although I wasn't expecting it, I did get status recognition (Gold) on the stay (no points or stay credit). I had to call in to HHonors to attach my number, though.

Both websites (AAVacations and BA Holidays) seem to me to act like the pass-through website that I use at work, (i.e. they offer multiple room rates, including standard refundable), and I always get points through the work website (CWT).

1. Has anyone gotten status recognition through Hilton, Starwood, or Marriott using AA Vacations?
2. Was my recent recognition experience unusual?
3. If I book a refundable rate as part of the package, would I have gotten recognition from the hotel?
4. Has anyone booked a refundable rate as part of the package and then canceled it? Did you get special fare-based mileage and EQD?