FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay to move to Changi Terminal 4 in 2017
Old Oct 24, 2017, 12:54 am
kaka
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jagmeets
C'mon- the mods have a right to post their views as normal posters too!

I for one don't like the move to T4. T1 is the fastest terminal at SIN for bags/cabs etc and I'm usually on an evening flight out, so the QF lounge works well. Who knows what incentives/arm twisting CX got..but that's done..and T4 it is..so, moving on.

The images that 24left posted..exit screening and entry customs are on the 'right end' of the terminal (when one is facing airside). The widebody gates are on the left end. Going to be a fairly long walk.

Had an MI flight a few days back that boarded via stairs to a plane parked at T4. The bus ride from T2, while fun, made it quite clear that the baggage belts are a fair distance from where the widebody gates are.

ETA: wouldn't be surprised if SQ has an SOP/Budget to try and get good gates. Had a few family/friends fly DEL-SIN past few months. Each and every flight from DEL departed from the gate closest to where passengers joined the 'gate area'. Good for them.
and since cx stopped using 346 i always get gate 30sth at heathrow. Once in a blue moon we get 25-28.

Crappy gates...