FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I've been Global Services for 5 years and I'm looking elsewhere. Anyone else?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:45 pm
flyerbaby19

One thing that has frustrated me is some folks at the GS desk are amazing and others are absolutely terrible. The best of the GS agents are light years better than the 1k or premier agents. But the bad ones are pretty bad.

Example: aircraft swap and lost my 77W. This was a personal (ghasp) paid business class seat. Asked for a reroute and denied "We don't guarantee aircraft type, and the requested connection is not within the routing rules". it all gets documented so when the next swap happens and i call, they read back the notes and say "gee, that doesn't seem right, let me fix that for you" - thank you! but why should I have to go through so much stress?

Example: "I'm waitlisted for PN SYD-SFO and want to decide if I should switch to SYD-LAX instead, can you tell me how many people are on the PN list" "No, we don't have that information until 24 hours before the flight" "That's not true, I get this info all the time to decide which flights I should waitlist for" More back and forth ending with "Can you transfer me to another agent" "Hi, did the previous agent explain my question or do I need to start over" "You wanted to know something about the upgrade list" I repeat the question "No problem, there are 0 waitlisted on SYD SFO and 4 waitlisted on SYD LAX. SYD SFO only has X seats for sale but SYD LAX has Y seats for sale" Great! got a good agent, but I hate playing agent roulette.