FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2017 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Oct 23, 2017, 3:59 pm
Tyzap

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Many thanks. I would still be interested in confirmation from @Mattt1 (and Matt1 please don't feel obligated to respond), CEDR adjudications are not normally subject to a confidentiality clause. The CEDR process is a relatively new proposition and it would be a helpful resource to gather as much information as possible to create a knowledge base to assist others who find themselves considering following the same route.

Once we have sufficient feedback from those who have used CEDR we will then be able to prepare a full guide to the CEDR process.
CEDR seem to have done their job and not been persuaded by BA's argument about the strike being an EC.

In the other cases that I have heard of, CEDR have found in the claimants favour in every case, except one, and that was possibly down to a procedural error by the claimant.

I have given them an occasion call, for clarification reasons, and found them to be both professional and knowledgable.

It's also not the first time recently that an airline has imposed a confidentiality clause on a successful claimant, if that's what has actually happened here.
I hope it's not the start of a trend!

The jury is still out on CEDR, but imo it's definitely a case of 'so far, so good'