FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Drug dealing TSA Agent
View Single Post
Old Oct 23, 2017, 3:43 pm
essxjay
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Originally Posted by WillCAD
However, since MJ does impair judgement and reflexes, are there not restrictions on those who are under the influence?
CBD is not psychoactive -- whether derived from cannabis or hemp -- and can be remarkably effective on chronic pain, inflammation, seizures and anxiety (for example) with few side effects. Perhaps you are conflating cannabidiol (CBD) with tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)? CBD by itself is about as intoxicating as a couple of aspirin. CBD even with a percentage point or two of THC (well below the psychoactive threshold for most) can be even more effective. Not suggesting that all MJ used by medical MJ cardholders is pure or nearly pure CBD, just that there are thousands of strains each with its own effects profile.

Originally Posted by chollie
I am against any TSO being on medical MJ. They are federal employees and MJ is still illegal at the federal level. No exemption is granted to wounded vets who have to make the difficult choice between addictive drug cocktails and impossible to get counseling and therapy or medical MJ.
I'm not sure I understand you here: are you saying vets are not permitted to use MMJ or even apply for a MMJ card if they wish to use VA services?

As for TSOs, I don't understand why anyone would want to deny their fellow citizens access to safe, effective medicine by virtue of being employed by a federal agency, especially if whatever they're taking does not impair them on the job. Additionally, better access to safer pain relief landside for ALL citizens means less incentive for SOME citizens to pilfer bags airside, whether for opioids or other items with high resale value.

Last edited by essxjay; Oct 23, 2017 at 4:20 pm