FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Another 241 downgrade story - from F - with no [EC261] compo
Old Oct 23, 2017, 10:25 am
Tobias-UK
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by brentford77
I think the reason this thread sounds somewhat more emotive than others is that for many who fly every week or so with BA, the 2 for 1 is the icing on the cake which makes the loyalty worthwhile. e.g., when the inventory opens for xmas 2018 in a couple of months, I intend to try to book LHR/HKG/LHR in First for my family of 4 using two 241 vouchers. Whilst my business travel which gets me the points is alone and frankly, I would not be massively upset with a F-J downgrade nor a J-W one if not on a night flight. What WOULD really p**s me off would be a downgrade when on a special family trip such as this one to HKG. Given that most people who have enough avios to use 241 flights on long haul routes are probably Gold or GGL, it does seem to me that if (and I concede it is an if) they are routinely picking 2 for 1 vouchers for invol downgrades, it is a supremely efficient way to upset many of your better customers. That might be why this is emotive and not as Tobias indicates just uncalled for moaning and carping.
And where exactly have I said that?