FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - *A ICN layover lounge?
View Single Post
Old Oct 23, 2017, 9:44 am
magendim

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, Bonvoy Titanium Elite Lifer, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by sol95

there were no OZ flights to Mongolia?

However, the big wrinkle, even if you can access a lounge, is that the earliest they open is 5am for the OZ J lounge. My understanding is that the SFO-ICN flight usually arrives quite a bit earlier than the scheduled arrival of 4am, meaning you've got upwards of 2 hours of dead time EVEN WITH lounge access. Making matters worse, most of the shops and food outlets in the airport will be closed too. I have heard there is a 24hour food outlet, but I think that's about it when it comes to things that are open...

My suggestion? Go to the free shower and take your time...
There may have been OZ flights but they either didn't line up with my schedule or were much more expensive (which was the case last xfer I did at ICN with OZ vs KE).

My SFO-ICM flight arrives at 3pm and ICN-ULN departs at 7:15pm so even if I don't have lounge access, there's enough to keep me busy for a few hours since I will likely have to pick up and recheck my bag which will take some time. (If I recall correctly, UA no longer checks bags through to non *A airlines on a separate ticket...?)