FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]
Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:43 am
SHLTP

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
For me, loyalty to Starwood has been amply rewarded. I have never actually tried to negotiate a lower Group rate for family vacations but probably should. Thanks for suggestion. I’ll check around other Maldives spots.

All my spend is 100% my own which is actually why I chose Starwood. I also direct my employees to use Starwood. No OPM unfortunately.

For example, this same group went to Le Meridien Khao Lak when it was still part of the system. I booked the cheapest room for all of us. They gave significant upgrades for all of us And went above and beyond in terms of service. I feel that loyalty to Starwood is recognized above and beyond what I could get at top resorts which I am not loyal to. I do about 80-120 nights a year at starwood, and another 20-50 nights at other hotels. Aside from the Singitas of the world where service is just over the top, I’ve liked Starwood treatment far more than anywhere else.

I always seem stuck in a terrible room at Mandarin iOriental or Shangri-La.

Though maybe i should look at negotiating pricing more. My only concern so far w Marriott acquisition is their loyalty program seem more based on price and free nights than on top of the line service (except for JW Marriott Phu Quoc which is amazing).