FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2017 Edition
Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:17 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Special Meal - AVML
RDU-SLC - Dinner
I tried the AVML meal on a recent RDU-SLC flight. Admittedly, my travels to SE Asia are limited to Thailand and Southern China but I have never come across this dish.

Borderline stale toasted rye with 8 pieces of grilled squash and 8 pieces of grilled onion.
Side of fruit
Side of bagel with cream cheese and strawberry jam
Jenny's Buttermilk Lemon Yoghurt (the saving grace on the tray)

This was a big disappointment and left me pretty hungry for the rest of the flight.

The two other options were:
  • Grilled steak with mashed potatoes and a side of fruit, bread offered from basket.
  • Pasta with broccoli and tomatoes in a cheese sauce with side of fruit, bread from the basket
Both had the Jenny's Buttermilk Lemon Yoghurt (pro tip, let this soften a bit and dip your Biscoff cookies into it)

Originally Posted by jimrpa
Anyway, fi you enjoy south Asian cooking, this is definitely better than a VGML!
I was really looking forward to something similar to what you posted, jimrpa. I may have to give it another shot sometime. Perhaps this is a meal that is best ordered from a hub rather than at an outstation (though I don't know if the meals are catered in SLC for the SLC-RDU-SLC turn).