FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MilesBuzz: Canada
View Single Post
Old Oct 22, 2017, 8:48 pm
ecgz88

the problem with BW card is when apply the BW card MBNA don't haven space for you to input BW rewards number on the application form (but Alaska card does), and MBNA rep is not properly trained for this card, that's where all the problem starts.

Originally Posted by pokee
Here's my fun update on this whole situation:

I call again to see where my points are - and get a COMPLETELY different story from Rep#2. He says, "You have to wait until your next statement for the points to transfer". Then I say, "Well, no - because my next statement won't have the points that were transferred into the black hole 3 months ago" and he then says, "Well, then you'll have to call Best Western Rewards". Then I reply, "Umm, and say what? Where's my points? They'll just tell me to call you back because you need to inform them what is going on".

The Rep then got extremely argumentative, so I cut it off and asked to speak to a supervisor. Then he goes, "Why? What can they help you with that I am not helping you with?". So then I go into the big song and dance about getting conflicting information, and needing someone to take control of the situation and settle it once and for all. He starts getting super condescending and is still arguing that I don't need to speak to a rep. So I said loudly and firmly, "Please transfer me to a supervisor" and he goes, "Stop shrieking into my ear!" and I sigh and go, "Look, you're being insulting, uncooperative and condescending. Get me to a supervisor, please". He goes, "How am I being condescending?" and I go, "You are because I said so - now transfer me to a supervisor" and he FINALLY does. After close to 10 mins of back and forth.

It then takes 2 mins with a supervisor to clear things up. They will contact BW and get all the points sorted out - she agreed that me calling BW would do nothing (why is it that customers always know this and the Reps don't?). Then she gives me 2500 points for all my hassles. Then she gives me her name and direct line.

Always pays to speak with the supervisor!!! Let's hope it's all sorted out by my 4th statement next week!