FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA/One World: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed
Old Oct 22, 2017, 3:54 pm
boss315

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Originally Posted by Flyerhandle
As to your initial question, I have personally found EXP to be invaluable this year, and will be doing whatever is necessary to maintain it. For the $2K remaining, it's a no brainer in my book. Just the four SWUs alone make that worthwhile. For me, having free same day flight change has saved me thousands of dollars already, and otherwise de-stressed other days where I was running late, and just called and switched flights. I have also had other fees and charges which I should have paid waived or drastically reduced, as well as being very well-treated overall, with almost 100% upgraded to first on every domestic flight, including an award flight I took.

I am also ex-MIA. This flight plan was suggested to me.
MIA-LHR-JNB/HKG on BA in PE for $1,800-$2,200 | 4,000 EQD The EQMs will be more than you require. I don't have the actual number, as I was only focused on the EQDs.

It's actually more EQMs and EQDs than you need, but for a good multiplier. Otherwise, you want to be looking for deals in PE on non-AA marketed flights, particularly BA, CX or AY, which give the most distance based EQDs. Hope this helps.
Agree with all..the EXP has me at almost 85% upgrades, SWU's clear 100% and the SDC has saved me overnights more times than I can count! Am doing LAX-JNB-LAX for approx 2k..will give me 4400 EQD and 33k EQM;s to finish me out for next yr. JL has an interesting run--JFK-NRT-SYD with quick turnaround for 2345 most days. Nets you the 4500EQD and 33 EQM..could make your EXP with three runs.