FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best way to Ireland from US? Chase/UA points and J class?
Old Oct 22, 2017, 8:35 am
madmike283

Best way to Ireland from US? Chase/UA points and J class?

Hello all, I may be behind the ball but I'm starting to think about a trip to Ireland with my wife next year. We prefer to avoid the peak tourist season, thinking May preferably or Sept. We have just over 280k UR points together, and I have about 78k UA points. We've never flown international. Would like to relax and experience J class for the first time. Based out of DEN.

I figure ideally the trip would center around Ireland for about 7 days or so. Wouldn't mind an open jaw arrival to DUB for a few nights, then drive the South and East for 3-4 days then return via SNN. I wouldn't even mind a short 1-2 day stopover somewhere nice on the way out if it's not too complicated.

How would you get there? We don't want to take the trip to fly as priority #1 , but if we're going to do it, we might as well try to find a decent product to fly J on if possible and enjoy the experience being first-timers.

Aer Lingus seems to be one of the easier solutions, but not sure the J class experience and shortish haul from Boston are the best way to spend my points. Their early departures and arrivals are a little bit of a turn off too. United doesn't seem to show much availability for their awards, especially for May. Am I too late, or too early? Any other better ideas?

I'm not too savvy with search and booking as I've never done it, but have done a bit of reading around to get somewhat familiar so far. Thanks for any help or info!

Mike