FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chowhound - ranking the fast food cheeseburgers
Old Oct 22, 2017, 3:01 am
VivoPerLei

Originally Posted by cubbie
I personally don't see the point to the McDonald's-hating. As others have said, for the price, it's fine and has its place. There aren't any others on that list below it that I'd put higher. And there are several both lower and higher that I've never heard of, so that says something, to me at least, of the value of the list.
I don't hate McDonalds. If I'm out with my kids here in London and we want a reliable value meal, McDonalds is a life saver. If I'm on my own and hungry, I'm heading to Five Guys. We're probably in our high street branch at least once a week or more.

As an aside, McDonalds consistency of quality worldwide is something of a miracle. We also have a KFC on our high street and it's absolutely disgusting, nothing like the US parent. We watched the Michael Keaton movie recently and it was interesting to see how they enforce this.

Where McDonalds does excel, in my opinion, is in their breakfast offerings. For me, the sausage biscuit sandwich (US McDonalds only), is a destination item. McDonalds here offers a hash brown product that we really like also.