FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award Booking Issue/False Advertising
View Single Post
Old Oct 21, 2017, 4:19 pm
kajonesbu

Award Booking Issue/False Advertising

I'm trying to book a biz awards flight from Chicago to Kenya transferring via Nairobi for May, 2018 (one way). The flight is from the US to Amsterdam on Delta One with the final leg to Nairobi on KLM. Oddly the KLM leg comes up as an economy (X Fare) even though it's a business award booking.

The main issue though is when I go to book (i.e. try to complete the order) it says no inventory is available. I called the medallion line and the agents ran into the same issue. They weren't sure how to solve it however simply blamed KLM and said there's nothing they could do. I've followed this itinerary for a few days and it has always shown availability and still shows availability today. Seems rather misleading to have it available to book in the system however not allow the transaction to go through.

Has anyone ran into a similar situation? Am I SOL or is there a way to escalate and resolve?

I'm a lowly gold medallion so I'm not counting on Delta going above and beyond the call of duty to address/solve the issue.