FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Speculation: Safe To Say There Will Be Fewer EXP In 2018 ?
Old Oct 21, 2017, 11:35 am
oopsz

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by AA100k
I spent many years as a PLT with over $12K spend rarely getting upgraded on any flight and never receiving challenges or perks offered to other members. I honestly believe they only target flyers who live in certain markets where they want to drum up business and ignore those whose choices are limited regardless of how much spend they put on AA.
I'm sitting at $17,600 EQDs and 58,000 EQMs. Easy to do if you book last minute domestic travel. My travel policy only allows paid premium for flights over 5.5 hours or if the first class ticket is within $100 of coach. In years past this means I spent a lot of time in discount F, but this year, forget it. And I've done limited international and transcon this year.

I'm seriously considering a business run to europe if I can make a weekend trip work. I'm seeing sporadic $3300 J tickets from MSY to ARN on BA (Or $1500 PE tickets from MSY to DOH - but that seems like a miserable slog just to save a few bucks).