FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vacation to the West (AMS-LAS//LAS-BDL//DCA-AMS - AA, AY, BA, DL, 4B, mostly J)
Old Oct 21, 2017, 9:52 am
palmanfr

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by roadwarrier
I have used that Hampton at AMS before and found it to be perfect for an overnighter. Did they also charge you for the return to the airport on the shuttle bus?
Hi roadwarrier. I found the hampton to be convenient and the staff friendly. They did not charge me to get back to the airport but did not use the shuttle from the airport to the hotel as I got there by train directly from Maastricht. So I cannot comment if they charge for the shuttle bus or not.
The local NS station hoofdorp is located 5 walking minutes away from the station. This is actually one of the main reasons I choose this hotel as I did not want to rely exclusively on the hotel shuttle bus as I had delays and issues in the past at different airports. I know the NS sprinter gets from hoofdorp for schiphol airport in 5 minutes and every 10 minutes or so. But this time, the hampton shuttle bus was good and the driver helpful, but it stopped at the holiday inn express and the crowne plaza before getting to the terminal. So count a good 20-25 minutes to get there.