FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport {FRA} (France)
Old Oct 21, 2017, 8:17 am
Sylvest941
Original Member

Programs: AccorHotels finished, Honors Plat, MeliaRewards Gold, SPG dead, AF Frequence+ forever
Another sad review on CDG Hilton

Introduction I have stayed twice this year for a layover, once for business, once with my wife for leisure.Overall impression of this hotel: they do not care about customers, probably because they assume customers won't return anyway...Very disappointed! Check In Shuttle: every 30 min to/from terminal 2 (NOT terminal 1). This not enough.Check-in was good, was upgraded to Executive room as Gold and shown executive lounge. Room Refurbished 8th floor Executive room. Nice furniture, 2 bottles of water, in-room tea/coffee making. Low light at night if you want to read or (worse) write. Good sleep.Bathroom with shower in tub: even refurbished, looks dated. Poor amenities (gel, shampoo, cap). Service Correct at check-in counterAverage at the barMinimum at the loungeNO SERVICE (100% self service) for breakfast Dining Bar: had a hot snack and drinks at the bar. Long wait, my wife had (an almost cold) fish & chips. Fish was made with paper. I had a warm onion soup made with onions (lucky one!).Cockails ok and expensive.Breakfast: 100% self service, get your own table and coffee (i.e. queue at the machine). Limited choice of danish pastries, liquid scrambled eggs with bacon. Fruit salad fresh out of the tin. Some fresh fruit. That's it! The worse breakfast I ever had at a Hilton in Europe. Icing on the cake: plastic tea spoons!!Lounge: breakfast is the same as at the restaurant, same spoons, without eggs and bacon.Evening: just beer and cheap white and red "Pays d'Oc" French low range wines. If you like them, you can find them in supermarkets for €2-4. Some sandwiches (cold cuts) and mini-pizza. Open for competition for the worst lounge in Europe! Seats and sofas are comfortable anyway! Location Not a hotel for tourists: 45 min minimum from hotel to/from central Paris using a 'RER' (rapid transit) line where your safety is not guaranteed, especially after 7.00pm. Prefer the "Roissybus", which takes you from Opéra in 50 min (outside peak hours).Nice view from top floors for plane spotters! Overall If you get a rate lower than €100 when hotel is empty and get upgraded, it can be a good deal! Other 2*/3* hotels can be more expensive. But you get a 4* room with bad service.HILTON EUROPE, what are you doing?