FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reserving BA Biz Class Seat
View Single Post
Old Oct 21, 2017, 2:37 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by wigtv2000
Any helpful hacks or am I gonna have to wait? Thanks!
Welcome to Flyertalk, welcome to the BA forum wigtv2000, and it's good to see you here. I hope you find this forum interesting and enjoyable - the lounge mice thread gives a measure of the discourse here - and that we will see plenty more of you here. And I hope you have a great time in the City of Light.

At online check in stage, 24 hours before departure of flight1, you should be able to seat selection for all flights. In the case of Club Europe you won't have a problem in terms of getting your preference of window or aisle, they will just push back the curtain to allow it to happen. You also have an advantage in that those on shorter journeys - probably almost everyone - will only be able to check in well after you. So you get first dibs on seats.

One point where BA is different to AA and other airlines: don't print or App your boarding pass until you are OK with the seat. If you can get row 1 that for most FTers is the best option, otherwise all the other seats are fairly identical. If you are in a seat you are not 100% happy with, select the best seat you can, leave it a few hours and other options may come up. Then print/App the boarding pass when you have what you want.

In CE (and to some extent ET) I cannot see a good reason to pay for seat selection, except in very specific circumstances (e.g. multiple passengers over split bookings).

Originally Posted by subject2load
Oh and welcome to the Forum^ You may well receive an 'official' welcome shortly (and probably with a more positive spin on BA's business class shorthaul than my own ......)
Warm ears! And good morning to you S2L!