FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chowhound - ranking the fast food cheeseburgers
Old Oct 21, 2017, 2:04 am
TiberiusOnTime

Definitely a West Coast bias on this list. The list is an interesting topic of discussion, but like any other top XX list, it can't (nor should it be) taken seriously. As it is someone's personal opinion.

Dick's at #5 ?? The natives here in Seattle would shoot me, but the first time I tried Dicks it reminded me of a McDonalds Cheeseburger at twice the price. Dick's is more hype and NW pride than substance.

And being a native from the San Fernando valley, In and Out never impressed either. At least I can say it was never a terrible burger. But nothing special (except name and hype) to separate it from the pack. Carls Jr. IMO is slightly better and always less crowded. No fighting with the gate lice at Carls, lol.

A&W being last is somewhat baffling. However the quality does seem to differ greatly from location to location. I've had burgers there that top any other food chain. At other times just average. In all honesty however, I would go there for Root Beer, not burgers.

One chain left out that deserves a mention is Arctic Circle. The Fry Sauce on the burgers is the best special sauce I've ever tasted on a burger.