FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge Access and other Lounge FAQs
View Single Post
Old Oct 20, 2017, 11:21 pm
QRC3288

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by s1362083
I am flying out of HKG in F at 9am. I understand that you can check in bags up to 24 hours early but am I right to assume I won't be allowed through security and into lounge on the evening before?

I have a friend on a 3 hour connection the night before and I'd like to see them briefly if possible. I plan to get a room in the PP lounge for the night rather then try to leave the airport!
Correct in your assumption. Same day only. You will not be allowed in the night before.

You can go through security in the morning of your flight when the checkpoints open, I think around 5 or 5:30am or something. Others can comment. That's when you can use the lounges. I don't think the F lounges even open until 5:30 or 6am. Wing F usually opens a little before Pier F.

Fyi, you won't be able to visit airside either the day before. When you arrive, if your BP is next day, your only route is to exit immigration. You cannot transit. And no they don't play the technical game if you land at 00:00 you are now "same day".... it's based on an airport day, which rolls over when the last flight of the night goes out, around 02:00 in the morning.