FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions
Old Oct 20, 2017, 3:37 pm
choosethedrew

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
I’d love to see more pics of this service, especially the mains. I admit to not having tried the service yet so will try and keep an open mind but my worry is that the tendency for BA CC / procedures to overheat food is not going to augur well even with DO&CO on board.

I just wish BA had been bolder with this, in fact that’s what I expected when AC said there would be a total reset of Club World catering. It is not a total reset, the menus are broadly similar, the food is still cooked too long in the receptacle it is served in and the wines are untouched.

I do have a thing for food myself and am perhaps not representative because I have strong and specific views. However, what I will say is that British food has changed a lot over the last decade and I don’t really feel BA is reflecting the most of what our country now has to offer.

I recently flew on Qantas and was blown away by the food. You could compare BA and Qantas as legacy airlines with high cost bases. This is what was served as the second meal on a SYD - PVG sector, goats cheese tortellini with pine nuts currants and brown butter:

On the side was superb bread, which could have easily come from Gail’s, and an artisanal cultured butter. This was exactly the kind of meal I would eat in the ground whereas with BA, even in First, it’s always a variation on ‘plane food’.