FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2017 Chances of Upgrade Clearing and Availability (consolidated)
Old Oct 20, 2017, 2:52 pm
TravelLawyer

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by AtomicLush
Has anyone ever cleared NRT to ORD on AA 154 on a Wednesday (or midweek)? Looks like a really large plane with a tiny biz class and the biz cabin is already 1/2 full for my flight in 2 months. We're on separate PNR's EXP + PLAT.
I wanted to give you guys an update on my own situation. We subscribed to EF alerts for our flight, but no availability ever showed up. Also at around midnight, I manually check EF availability and seat map to see if anything changed (neurotic perhaps). During such manual check last night, I noticed that our economy seats were no longer occupied and were shown as open (with no seat changes in biz). I checked my AA app and sure enough I'd been upgraded (as PLT) and DH had also been upgraded (as EXP) with no seat assignments. Neither of us received emails that the upgrade cleared and EF never showed availability. We cleared 6 weeks out. Happy dance!