FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 master thread
View Single Post
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:29 pm
meowycrystal

Programs: BAEC gold
Just done my MUC-DOH-CMB-HKG on QR and UL, will be doing the return next month.

I was actually Ex-LHR on BA to connect this journey, I spared 4 hours and BA flight delayed for an hour. 3 hours transit for waiting the luggages and redoing the check in is more than enough. MUC T1 is relatively small and everything is just smooth and efficient. I would recommend people to do MUC rather than FRA if you are not starting from these airports.

FRA-DOH on A350 (5h40m)- not the best on QR but still very good. Never disappointed by QR.

Layover in DOH (22h55m)- I chose to stay in the airport for a day just I love QR lounge in DOH. Also I need to do my global entry interview. 247 buffet. Good internet connection. Great shower. I felt like recharging myself for a new journey. Just great. Long layover in DOH wasn't a problem.

DOH-CMB on A330 (4h55m) - first time on UL. New nice aircraft. Movies are little bit outdated but not a problem. Wifi available with a fee.

Layover in CMB (3h10) - it wasn't to pleasant. After my layover in DOH this was a big downgrade. The lounge is packed with so many tables in different sizes. The buffet wasn't looking good I wasn't even dare to try them. Looked like it had been sitting there for a long time. The airport is small and outdated. Instead of recharging myself I felt like it was a continuation of a stressful journey.

CMB-HKG (5h35m) - A321. Bad not the worst. The cabin actually smells like a toilet!! The leather seat were so worn. Food are alright. Old movies. Old fashion recliner seats. It just completely invaded the space of the person behind.

Undoubtful the TPs are delicious. But if not the TPs I would never consider going on UL again. To be honest the price are not the best too my ticket is about 16xx pounds. Pretty worried on my way back I will have a day layover in CMB, although UL is going to provide the free accommodation. Hopefully won't be too bad. Anyway it is good to try out a new airline.