FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - iOS 11 (or iOS 11.0.3)
View Single Post
Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:50 pm
WIRunner
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I just got an iPhone 7 two weeks ago to upgrade from the SE. I had upgraded the SE to iOS 11, and had no intentions of upgrading the 7 until 11.1 came out. 11 has to be one of the worst OSs that Apple has released, it is so buggy. I had to do the upgrade on the 7 to get my last backup transferred. It was a mistake,< should have just dealt with it.

Problems I'm having (not an exhaustive list)

•"Tap to top" works intermittently. Sometimes I have no issues with it, and other times it just won't work.
• The keyboard will randomly stop working. Won't let me enter anything in until I close the app I was using and starting over.
• The keyboard will also change away from Swiftkey. The option to switch back will disappear as well.
• It will randomly freeze up. Power button will work to shut the screen off, but it won't accept passcodes or touch ID to unlock. Just have to wait for it to unlock. And a hard reset won't work either.
• Youtube and Google Play Music won't always stop playing music when I get a phone call. I can hear it playing, adjusting the volume has no effect on things. Pressing play or pause does nothing either. I just can't fix it.
• Missed calls/notifications. I'll switch it to vibrate, it will vibrate when it wants to. I won't get the notification on my iPhone or MacBook that it is ringing. The display will light up, but there won't be a caller ID shown, or an answer option. Then it will shut off and I'll get a missed call alert. Notifications, I'll just get a random beeps here and there. No idea what they're for, and if you don't see what is "recent' right away, the "earlier today" ones don't always return.

I am half tempted to put the 7 away and go back to the SE or my old HTC 10. Once this os gets stable, I'll wait a few weeks before upgrading to iOS 12 though. I should never have done the upgrade.

Originally Posted by HDQDD
That's a limitation of Li-Ion technology. After 300 or so cycles (full charges) the battery will lose it's capacity linearly. After 500 or so, you'll notice a significant decrease in capacity. Every phone on the market today has this limitation. Bad thing about Apple, is that you can't change the battery (well, you can, but it's not easy).

Bout the only thing that can be done to minimize the loss, is to minimize the heat that the battery is exposed to.
I worked in wireless for a very long time. Typical customers noticed a decrease in battery life at about 18 months. At 36 months a phone that could last two or three days would go dead in a day. This goes all the way back to the Nokia 5165 and 8260. Lithium-ion is much more durable than the Ni-Cad batteries were, which was great, but customers couldn't quite grasp that a battery isn't exactly like a car's gas tank, but more like their actual battery. They are a wear and tear item. That all being said, if the battery tanks within a year, that is a problem.