FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One day in DC - Public Transport Questions including DC Circulator & the Metro
Old Oct 19, 2017, 7:53 pm
Analise
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by JacobVB27
Hi Ana,

Welcome back! It is mostly a great city. Anyway, I highly suggest you buy a Smart Trip card at the closest metro station when you arrive. Not only can you use the metro, metrobus, regional buses and finally the DC Circulator but you get some discounts when transferring from one to the other. It is very convenient. I am not sure where you would buy the all-day Circulator pass.

The discount would be 50 cents from Metrobus to Metro. Not sure if the DC Circulator is included for discount.

Only way to pay for the metro is using the Smart trip card. There are machines at every metro station where you can get smart trip cards.
Have a great trip!
Thanks! And thank you for confirming that the Smart Trip card IS sold at the Crystal City metro.

I figured out that we'll be taking about $7 worth on the Metro (3 train trips). What I don't know is how many times we'll be on the Circulator. If the bus is packed and we see people waiting to get on the bus, for example, we might just stay on the bus. We don't want to get stranded. I've seen those Hop On/Hop Off buses in NYC with people waiting a long while for a bus with seats. So that's the question mark. On a Friday afternoon, it might be very crowded.