FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA contactless credit/debit/transit (2017 - 2021)
Old Oct 19, 2017, 5:39 pm
emmanuel_t

Originally Posted by tmiw
Anyway, a few notes from lunch today:
  1. The Apple Store's POS system is still stupidly slow. I thought it would have been improved by now but I guess not. At least they still support CDCVM.
  2. Apparently Yelp Cash works with Apple Pay despite not having entered the DAN on their website. First actual use of the Payment Account Reference to link cards in the US, maybe? (Merchant was using Clover.)
  3. Sweet Factory (mostly CA based chain AFAICT) has some small NCR screen thing with a magstripe reader to show items as they're being rung up. This location ran cards on a separate VX520 though, which of course wasn't accessible to customers.
When it was still around, Microsoft Earn also worked fine with Apple Pay. I remember reading that the back-end service provider (same for both services) has special integration with the card networks. I believe they’re called Empyr.

Originally Posted by RedLight2015
Yeah however it’s connected to Ethernet at the base. So I’m guessing the iWL connects wirelessly to that base. They have the option to detach the tablet and walk around the store which some did.
Last time I visited a Nespresso boutique, they had Vx 520 terminals on the side.