FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Disgusting Discrimination (allegation) on Flight 996
Old Oct 19, 2017, 5:08 pm
C17PSGR

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by marinaperry
This flight attendant was Caucasian and a female. Definitely Caucasian.
I didn't comment about the race or ethnicity of the flight attendant.

Originally Posted by marinaperry
Your assumption that people traveling on international flight are from the ethnicity that the flight originated, is ill advised.
That's not an assumption and hardly ill advised. I have flown 3 million miles on American Airlines. I probably have another several hundred thousand on other airlines. I have flown 175,000 miles this year. I have flown through AA's primary Latin American hub of Miami probably 30 times this year.

I can't speak to your flight as I wasn't on it but I believe that a substantial percentage of passengers flying in business on American's deep South American routes (SCL/EZE) are Hispanic. It's my experience that many, perhaps most of the FA's on those routes are also Hispanic. To be able to work a long haul route like DFW-EZE, the flight attendants will either be language speakers or have significant seniority. If they didn't like South Americans or people of Hispanic ethnicity, they would bid another route.

I'm not here to excuse rudeness or poor customer service. As I mentioned, in my last long haul flight, I felt the flight attendants weren't very good. I don't think, however, that it had anything to do with my ethnicity.

One other note: I haven't been on the reconfigured 777-200 that I believe flies DFW-EZE. However, on the 777-300, the bathrooms in the business cabin are not the same on both sides. One is bigger and better for changing in my experience. I've certainly had FA's point me to the other side in various situations and discovered someone was already in line. It's somewhat like the line at the grocery store -- you switch lines because you believe one is quicker and it doesn't turn out as expected sometimes.