FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why SQ Call Centers are the worst in the industry now?
Old Oct 19, 2017, 3:42 pm
davidj1

Programs: MM, Krisflyer, QFF, VFF
Originally Posted by SilverChris

Why the need to single out one ethnic group?
I think the point was the guys at home usually have a better grasp of the product, and the English/western style CX is much better. It could be down to cultural norms of the country/ethnic group.

Also when an arm is moved offshore (away from head office) it presents many corporate issues in terms of remote management of that division. I've seen this time and time again, and not just with call centres.

In theory this can be address through rigorous training however time and time again we have seen companies 'ditch' their CX arm for economic reasons, and forget to invest or correctly implement this, probably again for financial reasons.

I believe in the last year or two there has been massive turnover in SIA home based call centre.. and even the locals are performing badly on tricky questions. The training and development budget at SIA must have been slashed, and goes to show with poor investment any call centre and any ethnic group can affect the CX.

Just do a search of this forum, there are countless threads on this topic. No idea why we had to create a new one?