FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Shocking !!! Great set of BA flights
View Single Post
Old Oct 19, 2017, 12:03 pm
subject2load

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
@ pdsuk : It's good - indeed refreshing - to see what an excellent experience you enjoyed on your recent BA travels : efficient, helpful staff, enjoyable food, smooth flights, prompt baggage delivery and comfortable seating. Some elements mentioned will of course always be subjective - but hey, you were clearly a happy bunny - and the fact is, that's what matters to you and any traveller, whether business or leisure. Thanks for the report ^

I picked up on your comment that "reading the BA forum, one could easily get the impression that the airline is a disaster". Personally I'm of the view that many, many people reading the forum on a regular basis would in fact be far more likely to get a picture of BA as a very inconsistent airline - rather than anything akin to 'disaster'. And that sense of inconsistency can come not only from various reports appearing here on FT (and other sites such as Skytrax), but from their own first-hand experiences too.

Whenever any of us step onto a BA aircraft - or even from the moment we book - we naturally hope to enjoy the quality of experience that you yourself did. Sometimes it happens (it certainly has to me, albeit in years past) ; but sometimes standards of service fall a long way short. Above all, I believe it is this very inconsistency which many BA customers - whether regulars or only occasional users - find most frustrating of all. I know I do.

Within the last day or so we have seen several positive reports, and full credit where credit is due.

The blunt reality - even if sometimes hard to fathom - is that the favourable feedback is about the very same airline that can often treat its passengers very badly indeed - whether in-the-air, or when responding to formal (and often very serious) complaints. It's the same airline that couldn't manage to get any food or drink to the 89 year-old mother + friends of an FT member during a recent shorthaul flight - not even a cup of water ; all because they were seated near the very back and the BoB service never got that far.

As ever, it's a matter of perspective and balance.

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Sounds very similar to the BA experiences I've had and those of people I know.

This forum tends to concentrate on melodrama rather than the truth.
By 'melodrama' - as opposed to 'truth' are you by chance alluding to the pattern of frequent grievances and disappointments voiced here by many, many BA customers (often very experienced travellers) ...?

Do you believe such negative feedback is in some way fabricated - in contrast to the positive reports, which are presumably nothing less than wholly truthful