FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suggest FT add “Like” button [implemented 9 Aug 2017]
Old Oct 19, 2017, 6:25 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
In the forums I follow, I have seen little usage of the Like to mark helpful / useful posts. The usage I have seen is most "I agree", especially when two or more opinions are being debated. Little usefulness for noting useful posts. And an occasional, thank you.
Indeed.

Originally Posted by JonNYC
As someone who was in favor of and uses the feature and sees zero evidence of the anticipated "abuse" or "gaming" of the feature thus far, this person on "this side" requires no update.
Evidence was provided showing the feature being used for that kind of “abuse”. But that has not been the primary use of “Like”, and it was never anticipated to be the primary use of such. And it was anticipated that at least some such “abuse” would appear and even sometimes disappear (perhaps repeatedly) after launch and that such possibility for abuse would not change much of anything with regard to this feature being launched and maintained on FT.

I’m not a huge fan of the feature, but I do use it. Even as I don’t really gain much of anything out of its use (other than to save perhaps a bit of time), I’m also not a huge opponent of the feature.

Last edited by GUWonder; Oct 19, 2017 at 8:19 am