FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Chase policy (Oct 2016): No Annual Fee refund >30 days after AF billed.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 7:09 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
That reddit thread you linked to is from 12 months ago. I'm not sure that confirms a policy you state in the OP was implemented five days ago.

I don't doubt there is a new policy - I just don't think a year old thread on reddit confirms it unless it was written by a psychic.
Pay attention to WHEN the original post was made - it was made a year ago when I first found out this from a Chase manager. Then I also found the related thread in reddit, with the same info.

Originally Posted by mia
Note that Happy's post is also 12 months old, from October 2016.
Thank you for pointing this out. Hard to believe it has been a full year now and there are still confusions on the refund policy.

I would not count on the downgrade pro-rated refund would last once Chase notices how people taking advantage on that so they can claim another year's $300 credit PLUS having a pro-rated refund. Chase might put yet another immediately effective policy to stop that, just like it implements the ONE Sapphire card policy on August 27 via an internal memo to the bankers. Remember, the no refund after 30 days policy was also put in effect suddenly via an internal memo. This seems to be Chase way to put in more restrictive measures these days.

Last edited by Happy; Oct 18, 2017 at 7:16 pm