FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Italy Itinerary Advice - Aug 18 - Big Ticket Attractions
Old Oct 18, 2017, 5:52 pm
obscure2k
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by Annalisa12
Thanks for that thought. I'm pondering what to do. On a good day I can go slowly for half a day with rests.

How spread out are thr things to see in Venice?
A few years ago, while in Venice, I tore the meniscus in my right knee. It happened very suddenly and was quite painful and limited my walking. It was the second time I had suffered this injury and I knew immediately what it was. As I normally spend so much everywhere walking while in Venice, I adapted to my injury by relying on a water taxi if I was going to a restaurant or the opera or a particular museum if I felt that the distance would be too great to walk. On the other hand, walking in Venice, even with the bad knee , was still possible. Interestingly enough I found navigating the stairs of the bridges easier than walking on a straight path. On the stairs, I could position myself in such a way that I was putting more pressure on my good knee. I had that knee replaced a few weeks after I returned home. All things considered, Venice is probably the easiest city to get around with a physical handicap than some other cities. It is a small city, people are friendly and helpful and most of the museums and shops are near each other. Also, you will find no shortage of cafes or bars where you can sit down and rest for a few minutes.