View Single Post
Old Oct 18, 17, 2:21 pm
jrl767
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); still teleworking with the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.3MM; AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by j_the_p View Post
I also have frequent airplane crash dreams, but I'm never in the plane, I always witness it from the ground.
I didn't actually dream about an aircraft accident, but on 30 Dec 1972 I woke up at around 0200EST with the complete and absolute certainty that one had occurred, and with the equally clear realization that I was going to work in aviation safety

the morning news was filled with the story of EA401, which had crashed in the Everglades shortly before midnight

I spent three years in Boeing Commercial Flight Test, and about 12 years on the military side of the company as a subject matter expert for safety-of-flight certification (mainly planning and preparing for First Flight Readiness Reviews for YF-22, F-22, 767 AWACS, and X-32); in my Air Force Reserve career I assisted with test program planning -- including flight readiness reviews for major aircraft modifications -- for the C-17 and the EC-18B