FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Recent experiences with SSSS for the UA traveler {Archive}
Old Oct 18, 2017, 8:37 am
fumje
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jimbo
Yesterday, I used a kiosk at LHR to retrieve my boarding pass for UA Flight 935 LHR-LAX. I am five year member of Global Entry and a UA MM flyer. Nevertheless, when the machine at the kiosk printed my boarding pass, I received the dreaded SSSS code on the pass. While I don't mind security measures, it doesn't make sense to me that I would get the code on my BP given that I already went through the scrutiny of being vetted as a trusted traveler. I probably make at least a dozen international arrivals in the US annually since I've held Global Entry status, without any such occurrences. At the United Club in Terminal 2, I asked staff there about and they said there was nothing they could do, indicating that UA does not control that and that is up to US security systems and that it might just have been random. If this is the case, it does not make sense and perhaps indicative of security systems that do not talk to each other. Upon arrival at LAX, I used the Global Entry kiosks and everything worked normally and was hassle free. Can any forum members comment on the apparent discord between having Global Entry status and being subjected to additional scrutiny by getting the dreaded SSSS BP?
It's been known to happen.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...s-ssss-ua.html

And while trying to locate that thread, I found you've had trouble before!

Why did I get the dreaded SSSS despite my GE/Pre✓/Nexus status? [merged threads]

Seems like TSA 'likes' your profile.