FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Renting at DFW; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread
Old Oct 17, 2017, 7:13 pm
91StealthES

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by manacit
Before UC I would have just gone with National, where I've gotten a Q3 and a Jeep Grand Cherokee at DFW the last two times I reserved a midsize car - with status that I'd call equivalent to Hertz Five Star.

I understand that my expectations are probably a bit high, but National has completely outshined at this location, which is disappointing.

I could have also just come at a bad time (Thursday afternoon), which would explain why the PC section was so empty.
As you mentioned, could be time of day, or management.

I am EE with National and PC with Hertz and must say that I have been spoiled by both. But, remember that both programs only guarantee an upgrade to full size. Anything above that is really just us being spoiled/lucky.

When i am "stuck" with an Altima, Sonata, Fusion, etc, I'm not mad, as I've received my upgrade on my midsize res. I must say in all my over a decade of travel, Ive only received a midsize on a few occasions.

As mentioned, I feel that I have been spoiled by both with the cars I receive on my discounted corporate rate. Big Kudos to both companies!