FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Starwood Vienna: which one? [Master Thread]
Old Oct 17, 2017, 6:41 pm
rbAA

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by damon88
Thank you for a wonderful review per usual.

When we return from our trip to Austria next May I will have a report on the 3rd major Starwood option in Vienna, the Le Méridien Vienna. We stayed at the Imperial last time and had a lovely tour of the Hotel Bristol but decided to try LM this time.

We always appreciate the detail in your reviews ^ They are very helpful.
We had two one night stays at the LM Vienna recently, as well as a 2 night stay at the Bristol. The room we had at the Bristol was the Bristol Suite which was recently renovated, maybe a bit too modern, but addresses the issue raised above about the Bristol being a bit tired. Loved their service though.

At the LM we had fairly large rooms each time, executive rooms, but definely lacked much character. The first stay was very short, as we had an early flight to LAX. The breakfast had just started and everything was cold, seemed almost like leftover, and no one could make any fresh egg dishes. The FD refunded my PLT 500 pt amenity. Second stay was much better. Corner room, again an executive room, and a bathtub this time. Breakfast problem seemed to be corrected and was fine.

Reminds me of my time living in China: looks good, but lacks any substance.