FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to specify the booking code on ITA
View Single Post
Old Jun 7, 2004, 1:17 am
SeattleFred

Programs: UA 1P MM
Originally Posted by 925
Why don't you ask your friend at ITA to add an option to display flight miles and cost per base mile. And then be able to sort the flights by either of those data items! It would make MRs SO MUCH FASTER to find!
I've already asked him to add a same-day-roundtrip option to the month-long search feature. I've also asked him for a lowest-fare-to-anywhere search, with an option to specify the minimum distance. He replied that these were on the ITA to-do list, but he would not provide a timeframe for completion.

I willl pass on further requests, but let's first come up with a priority list.

As for your particular requests, you might be interested in CoMETS, the cross platform standalone database application that I've been developing. It's approaching beta release; for a preview, I've posted some screen shots. If you have feature requests for CoMETS, this would be a great time to let me know. Please also let me know if you'd be interested in beta testing CoMETS.
---------
CoMETS update (18 Feb 2005): CoMETS Beta 1 is now available for both Mac OS X (password: ftcomets) and for Windows (no password required). When I find a little time, I will post a short movie demonstrating CoMETS' functionality and ease of use. When I find a little more time, I will release Beta 2. FWIW, I've been using Beta 1 for several months on my PowerBook and it has been rock-solid.

UPDATE: The CoMETS Movie is finally here. Check it out to see how CoMETS will give you maximum info for minimum effort.

Last edited by SeattleFred; Jun 13, 2006 at 10:57 pm Reason: To announce CoMETS - The Movie!