FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL/Sky Team: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed
Old Oct 17, 2017, 8:32 am
bergamini

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by wanderlust36
Hi all,

Thinking of doing the MSP to HNL run over Thanksgiving (using Delta One/First Class). It would give me enough MQM and MQD to get to Silver status. DH travels frequently for work and already has Silver. We currently have a discussion if it's worth it for me to get Silver. Most of the time I travel with him, but will have at least two trips without him next year. Is it worth spending $1800 to get to this status level? Thanks in advance for your advice!
Is it $1800 more or $1800 for the ticket? What's the price difference between Y and F on this route? And would you take this trip otherwise?

I would say, in general, that Silver (a/k/a "FO") would definitely not be worth $1800. TPG values Silver at $815. If you'd only take the trip to get FO, then I'd not do it and save that money for buying first class tickets/upgrades and paying baggage or preferred seat fees. If it's a $1200 Y ticket and an $1800 F ticket and you are going to take the trip regardless, then I'd probably do it. But anything > $600 to me makes getting Silver not worth it.